Monday, September 20, 2010

Indian Camp Assignment # 2

After discussing the story Indian Camp in class, my views on the characters and their circumstances changed entirely. Before, I had never questioned why Nick and his father were going to help an Indian women so early in the morning. Now, I strongly believe that she must be some how conncted to Nick's family, else why would they provide such assistence?

Another changed view involves the circumstance of the Indian man's suicide. Why would he have killed himself? There was no obvious reason. The first time I read this story, I believed it was because of some depression that had started before the story began. After the discussion, the idea that the child being born was not his certainly changes the context of the story.

Reflecting on this, I believe that when reading future stories, I will be much more questioning of characters and their circumstances so as not to miss hidden details or connections.

No comments:

Post a Comment